Elster: Zertifikat verlängern gibt "Es ist ein Fehler aufgetreten! Bitte starten Sie den Browser erneut und führen Sie diese Aktion nochmal durch."

Mai 11th, 2015

Mein Elster-Zertifikat läuft bald ab und ich versuchte, es laut Hinweis in Elster auf der Webseite Elsteronline zu aktualisieren. Beim Klick auf "Verlängertes Zertifikat speichern" kam allerdings immer eine Fehlermeldung und ein automatischer Logout:

Der Fehler war, dass man hier die alte Zertifikatsdatei durch Klick auf "Durchsuchen" hochladen muss, was nicht wirklich aus dem vielen bunten Hilfetext oder gar der Fehlermeldung hervorgeht... Wenn man das alte Zertifikat ausgewählt hat entsteht automatisch ein neuer Dateiname im nächsten Feld und die einzugebende PIN ist auch wieder die alte.

NACHTRAG: Wenn IAA Plus das neue Zertifikat nicht goutiert, muss man sich damit vorher einmal bei Elster anmelden. Security by obscurity...

Hadoop: Type mismatch in key from map: expected org.apache.hadoop.io.Text, received org.apache.hadoop.io.LongWritable

April 28th, 2015

I got this weird error after copying a MapReduce program from one project to the other one. The output types of Map match the ones defined in the job. I found that Netbeans replaced public void map(Object key, Text value, Context context) by public void map(Object key, Text value, Reducer.Context context). This caused the method not to override its default parent implementation, which has - surprise - LongWritable as output key by default.

WooCommerce shows double cart totals after update to 2.3.8

April 23rd, 2015

This issue is due to a change in the functionality of WooCommerce in combination with a custom theme. Up to now, the template file cart.php used both do_action('woocommerce_cart_collaterals'); and woocommerce_cart_totals(); to show the cart totals. In the current version, the second method should not be used anymore in this context. After removing the second method call in the theme override of THEMENAME/woocommerce/cart/cart.php, the totals appear once again.

Full story »

My daily WTF: Thunderbird

April 23rd, 2015

Bash string concatenation does strange things

April 19th, 2015

With a bash script, I tried to process a file that contains one e-mailaddress per line. I wanted to create a new file with an SQL command per e-mailaddress, something like UPDATE tt_address SET deleted=1 where email='$EMAIL';

Executing it manually on the command line works as expected. If I set the variable EMAIL and echo the update code in quotation marks, it returns the correct SQL code.

If I do the same with in a bash script with the input file, it returns ';DATE tt_address SET deleted=1 where email='abc@def.ghi

The issue was the encoding of the input data file. The command dos2unix replaces windows line breaks by linux ones.