After updating from Windows 7 to 10, the computer randomly hung after 5 to 10 minutes. Numlock on the keyboard still reacted, but the mouse froze and Ctrl-Alt-Del didn't do anything. Rebooting was only possible by cold reset. Running hwinfo reproducably made the machine hang on starting the program at scanning the drives. In the Windows logs there was nothing helpful. The CPU temperatures did not show anything unusual. I figured the issue was most likely driver- or firmware-related or due to a hardware defect.
I performed the following steps which were probably not successful or neccessary:
- Cleaning CPU fans and heatsink
- Updating drivers of the (very high-end) graphic card
- Exchanging the graphic card
- Updating the BIOS
- Updating the SSD firmware
I suspect one or more of the following driver updates (Download at http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z87%20Pro4/?cat=Download&os=Win1064) to have contributed to solving the problem:
- INF driver
- Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver and utility
- Intel Smart Connect driver
- Intel Management Engine driver
Noch kein Feedback
Formular wird geladen...